In 1973, Kitchener’s stately 1924 city hall was demolished for urban renewal. In 1995, the clock tower was restored near the park’s east entrance, becoming a beloved city emblem.
Victoria Park’s original 1896 octagonal bandstand was replaced with square design in 1946. Today’s 1985 replica of the original has a lower deck and 4 sets of steps. Don Drews
Rock Glen Conservation Area, on the Ausable River in Arkona, Ontario, Canada, is renowned for its Devonian-era fossils dating back 350 million years. The adjacent Ausable Gorge was first inhabited by paleo-people over 6000 years […]
Named for Achilles, the 1891 Achilleion Palace was built for Austro-Hungarian Empress Elisabeth of Bavaria (‘Sisi’) as a classically Greek-inspired summer residence until her 1898 assassination by an Italian anarchist. Germany’s Kaiser Wilhelm II owned […]